Monday, December 30, 2013

That Comeback Kid

Don't confuse my passion for anger,
   my emotion for weakness,
As it is the deepness of my voice that makes me
   A proud black man

The prideful power for my reproduction
 to destroy a race--causing colorless coats to make
 an "about face."

The prideful kinship of Ghanian kings,
 not merely limited to the Talented 10th's dreams.

The prideful nature to secure and protect,
 not just making my nature casually erect

Casually erect...
Casually erect...

This assimilation culture
 has caused us to be maniacally depressed

The high school pipeline to prison that exists
The voting suppression we struggle to witness
The routine traffic stops...the Terry frisks

Not SLOWLY but SURELY
We've lost our original minds in it

Don't confuse my confrontation for disrespect,
 my rebuttal for suspicion,
As it is the tenacity of my fight back that makes me
 A proud black man.

The prideful power to invoke fear in minds,
 when I submit my papers on time.

The prideful wisdom to navigate the seas,
 (the paintings show WHO cured Europe's disease)

The prideful confidence in my walk,
 not the portrait of a thug lurking to stalk.

Lurking to stalk
Lurking to stalk

To this inverted society,
 I balk.

Ancient Egypt illustrates where religion began
If true, Mithra then Jesus are of Africans
Even Sammy Sosa has turned black again...

So please excuse my Black for African!



No comments: