Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Black Hole

As I sit on the curb
With my hands behind my back
I look up to see that
my wicked enemy's strapped

With militarized weapons,
combat tanks galore
Sent me to flashbacks
of the Persian Gulf War.

But wait, flash forward to
the drink I just poured
Way before this mutant
kicked in my front door

Guns drawn, dogs barking
I was under attack
Doing nothing but waiting
on grandpop to get back

But wait, hold up
Could this happen to me
College educated and
I got a professional degree

Then it hit me
"Son, you ain't nothing that them degrees said
this system profits off you in prison
or with some metal through ya head."

Cold body, heart quiet
being the victim ain't enough
Until you're a suspect of your own murder
after only one puff

They hate our hair
They hate our lips
They hate that we can destroy their race
without any use of a clip

Think about it
we ruled the world for over 10,000 years
Yet our history has been
tarnished, altered, and smeared.

From Ausar, Auset, Heru
to Sundiata
We created everything
from universities to martial arts katas

So, I stand up to take off
my own cuffs
Because the fear in him
is the strength in US

No comments: