Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Adore

If I am not him, then why treat me like him?
Have I done anything to assure you that he is me?
Check that, that I am him?
He's disrespected you, shamed you, and defamed you
Yet you give him the crown?
If I were to abuse you, then would you respect me?
If I were to be wayward, would you then give me credit?
Years went pass without accolades, time has faded without glorification
Everything I do is for naught so why continue?
I continue for myself. Continue for my pride.
No longer will I wait for you to tell me how far I can reach or how high I can climb.
No longer will you hold me back with your envious mannerisms or your insidious nature.
I'm doing this for myself, for others who have been in my same predicament.
I am a trailblazer, an originator
Never again to be held down by a manipulator,
Such as yourself.
You are defeated. You are extinct.
You will no longer tug my soul to the brink
Of destruction
You are corruption
Desolating everything in sight
You have all of the family in fright
But not I
I am done
Done being chased. Done being the one
That you pick on
The one that you go on
But my backbone is found
So I'm standing my ground
Say what you want
But no longer will you flaunt
Your jealous ways and influence me
I have grown above and beyond the misery
That you continue to give
So with that being said,
From this point on,
I decide to live
Not for you or not for anyone else
But for me
Because today I am reclaiming
My liberty.

No comments: