Friday, June 25, 2010

#11: The Horatian Ode

My Love,

Thine ways have stolen my heart
For which, I cannot regain
As a battered slave in the dark
Whom the master wishes to tame
Thou encompassed me in a rapture
By my own surprise
I shall not allow myself to be captured
But I shall not be subdued to lies
O, how I yearn for the forebearer to accept thee
Into HER arms, as a child
But what would thy fate in the end be
If thine reception is not mild?
Thoughts of thee in my head
As if struck by Cupid's spear
Thy words softly that were  said
Wills me to join thee, my dear
O, Why does thee hurt me this way?
Thine past has influenced me so
I am not quite ready to stay
But equally not eager to go
The feeling for thee burns as a flame
In the cold barren night
Since I've met thee, I've not been the same
O, spare me aspects that fright!
The others that fight for my time
Has not mine eyes viewed
As with you, my heart seems signed
But how am I to know this to be true?
They say this would never work
Are we really meant to be?
They say that danger will lurk
Ah! But alas, I shall wait to see.

No comments: