Wednesday, June 30, 2010

#16: The Ubiquitous Narrative

Dear friend, friend dear
Are you wise enough to lend an ear?
I have this very serious situation
But I need your advice to assist my contemplation
I have a feeling that you're going to be cruel
But you know what? I'm willing to play by your rules
This situation involves a person I know
And whether I should or shouldn't let them go
I've known this person for quite awhile
And their personality has always been vile
But I didn't have a problem with it, until now
So, I want your opinion before anything goes down
Lately, they've just been crowding my space
Wanting to stay around, all up in my face
Our conversations aren't the same anymore
When I hear the phone ring, I just push ignore
I tried to let them know just how I feel
But for some reason, they don't think it's real
They walk around thinking everything is cool
But little do they know, they're kind of a fool
I care for this person......I truly do
And I really don't want this to be true
But I knew this problem from the start
The truth is, we're just growing apart
Now with all of this information being shed
Do you have any questions about what was said?
"Yes, ummmm, why are you asking me?"
Because of how perfectly blunt you can be
"Well then, I think you should be point blank"
So, you mean direct...... to be frank
"I think so...being direct should probably do"
Ok, in that case....the person is you

2 comments:

NETTA said...

omg.. this narrative is definitely on point.. i def read it more than once because its that real.. i would encourage anybody that has come 2 this realization before to read this because its TRUTH.. dang.. keep it up.. your writings are def tru to you.. you have a way with your words.. so with that being said congrats on your progress!!

Cortney said...

Awwwwwwww I LOVE THIS!!!!! This may be my favorite one....although I havent read all of them. But I'm sure this would be my fav one