Monday, August 2, 2010

#48: A Ballad's End

You smile and I smile back at you
To be polite and respectful
But as the night falls, the heat comes
While we engage in the dreadful

A fire burns when I see you
From across that vast distant street
Knowing that should be me right there
Making that torn heart skip a beat

My time is when the sun will sleep
But our shared time is deceit
How can I enjoy you at night
But in the day be so discrete?

A year and a half this happened
My feelings cease to vary
These rendezvous cannot be right
Because my heart is quite wary

How can you treat him in this way?
I wouldn't appreciate it
But I am doing the same thing
Which, to me, makes it more legit

Our friends have not the slightest clue
As to the secret tryst we have
Though that lone mutual person's
Anxiety we must both salve

He has been victim for awhile
It's time to get him out the dark
Yes, it probably will hurt him
With love, he's a fish among sharks

I cannot take this anymore
These urges I have to append
Tomorrow, my brother will know
That I'm sleeping with his girlfriend

1 comment:

Cortney said...

WOOOOOOOW! THIS IS CRAZY! I LIKE IT THOUGH