Tuesday, July 6, 2010

#22: Rhyme Royal's Enlightenment

People shouting loudly
As I walk through the crowd
Directing where I should be
And what wouldn't be allowed
But my ears have become shroud
My mind is not convinced
My body starts to wince

At their passionate hatred
And their persistent nature
Have they realized they've jaded
Those to whom I cater:
Friends who read the papers
And kin who watch the news
Tempting to change their views

About me and what's mine
They try to serve tainted food
To which they have declined
But I shall not be rude
I'll let their fame accrued
Sadly at my expense
Which is making no sense

I give blessings to people
They give heartache and pain
But to be just so frivol
Is freakishly insane
And needlessly inhumane
But I now understand
It's just the ways of man

1 comment:

John W. May said...

Thanks for stopping by Of Poetry. Actually, I think your blog inspiring and refreshing ... I love reading poetry- especially in meter.

You have some really good works here. How did you get involved in poetry?

I'll be back here very often ...