Sunday, July 25, 2010

#40: An English Pindaric Ode

That pain wasn't like anything before
He would experience something much more
Thinking that they were more than just friends
The limb he stepped on would be his end
Sleeping at his house, she thought it was pure
But as she hung around, he was not sure
When morning arrived, he walked through the door
To see her in his clothes, with food to lure
He is taken by surprise, not sure what to think
She tells him when he's done, put the stuff in the sink
The next day comes as she prepares to leave
She hugs him bye and he starts to perceive
He calls her on the phone to thank her for the time
She tells him, "Your welcome, don't worry, anytime"
He begins to wonder why she was so loving
So he thinks there is something that she's cover'n
On the phone, he states that he never felt this way
She professes, "Then babe say what you have to say"
He says, "Ok. I will...I love you"
She says, "Yeah, I know. I love you too"
He says, "I love you more than just a friend, boo"
She says, "Sorry, but like that, I don't love you"

No comments: